Below is information regarding our softball program, the divisions, and player assessments.
EGGLL Softball Requirements:
- Softball is open to girls.
- We have programs for players from age 4-15
Please reach out to the league commissioners directly with any questions or concerns. For escalation please reach out to either the Baseball Player Agent or VP of Baseball.
To determine your child's baseball age, please click here to use the Age Chart.
Division Overview - SPRING SOFTBALL
Sluggers (age 4):
- Sluggers is our introductory program for both players and parents.
- Players must be age 4 as of 4/1 to play Sluggers.
- Sluggers play/practice 1X per week.
T-Ball (ages 5-6):
- Players can expect to play 1 or 2 years of T-Ball.
- Players must be age 5 as of 8/31 to play T-Ball. Younger players may register if their parent is willing to volunteer as a coach.
- All 5-year and 6-year olds who have not previously played EGLL will be placed in T-Ball regardless of whether they have prior baseball experience.
- T-ball has typically has 1 practice and 1 game per week
AA/Minors (ages 8-11)
- Ages 8-10
- 2 games a week, typically on Wednesdays and Saturdays
- 1 practice a week
- Ball is a 11" rubber ball
- Season starts as coach pitch transitioning to player pitch from 35'
- Games are 2 hours long or 6 innings
AAA/Majors (ages 11-12):
- Players can expect to play 1-2 years at Majors.
- Majors’ teams are formed by draft. We do not accept player/coach placement requests.
- All 12-year olds will be placed in Majors.
- Remaining spots will be filled by 11 and 10-year olds based on ability. Any 11 or 10-year old who has prior AAA experience and would like to be eligible to play in Majors MUST attend evaluations. If an 11 or 10-year old does not attend the evaluations he/she will not be eligible to play in majors.
- Majors typically have 4+ practices or games each week.
- Majors plays a number of out of town games in area towns.
Juniors (ages 13-15):
- Juniors is the first step on a regular baseball diamond
- Players can expect to play 1-2 years at Juniors.
- Assessments and drafts will be executed if warranted
Softball assessments will take place in March to allow league officials to determine the best placement of each player. Assessments help the league put together fair, safe and balanced teams. Below are guidelines on who should attend assessments:
5, 6, and 7 year olds – N/A
Evaluations are only for players 8-years old and older who are looking to play in Majors/Minors baseball. Younger players may not attend evaluations. A 7 year old who has played at least one season in Farm baseball with EGGLL should contact the Vice President of Softball if they wish to be considered for Minors.
8, 9-Year olds
- All 8 year olds will play AA.
- The majority of 9-year olds will play in AA. Some 9-year olds will be drafted to play in AAA.
- Any 9-year old who has AA experience and would like to be eligible to play in AAA MUST attend evaluations. If a 9-year old does not attend the evaluations he/she will not be eligible to play in AAA.
- The majority of 10-year olds will be placed in AAA. If needed some 10-year olds may be eligible for the Majors draft.
- Any 10-year old who has AAA experience and would like to be eligible to play in Majors MUST attend evaluations. If a 10-year old does not attend the evaluations he/she will not be eligible to play in Majors.
- Each season the number of 11-year olds who will play in AAA varies. Some 11-year olds will be drafted to play in Majors.
- Any 11-year old who has prior AAA experience and would like to be eligible to play in Majors MUST attend evaluations. If an 11-year old does not attend the evaluations they will not be eligible to play in majors.